Care For Your Jewellery
Wearing your jewellery
- Silver Jewellery will naturally tarnish over time so it is advisable to protect your jewellery from cosmetics and scents before you put on your jewellery.
- We recommend removing your Jacqueline Ashworth jewellery before you shower or bathe, this includes swimming in a chlorinated pool, spring or the sea.
- Remove your jewellery before you engage in any form of exercise. Perspiration can also contribute to the tarnishing of your jewellery.
- We do not recommend sleeping in your jewellery.
- Do not store jewellery next to radiators, windowsills or in the bathroom. These extreme temperatures will cause your jewellery to tarnish. Ideally store your jewellery in a dark, cool and dry place.
- Try to store your jewellery with pieces apart so that they do not rub together or get tangled.
- Using a soft, lint free cloth is an effective way to keep sterling silver jewellery looking shiny.
- Never use paper towels to clean your silver as they can cause scratching.
- Gemstones can be very delicate so harsh chemicals should be avoided at all times. It is advisable to clear your stones with a clean, soft cloth after wearing. Do not use a paper towel to clean your gemstones.
- To preserve your pearls’ radiance avoid letting them come into contact with chemicals included in perfume, cosmetic and hair care products, as well as household cleaners, as they can be particularly harmful.
- It is good practise that pearls are the last thing you put on when dressing and most importantly do not apply perfume or hairspray when wearing pearl jewellery.
- Pearls can also be harmed by perspiration so before storing them wipe gently with a soft cloth. Pearls should be stored separately from other jewellery because the surface of a pearl is soft and easily scratched.
- A strand of pearls is best stored flat as hanging could cause the thread to stretch prematurely.
Pearl strands should be restrung regularly depending on how much they are worn. The silk or nylon thread, with which they are strung, can weaken with age and wear. Pearls are meant to be worn - so enjoy them frequently! Please contact us if you require your pearl necklace to be restrung and we would be happy to assist you.